Join us for the Central Coast SUP 4 the CUP presented by Project 908, Stand Up Paddle Cincinnati, and The Kentucky Waterman Series. Starting at Schmidt Recreation Complex, racers will head up-river a few hundred yards to a buoy and make a 180-degree turn before heading down river toward the finish line at the Half-Way Celebration in Covington, KY. Live music and refreshments will be waiting!
After the race, hop back on the water and continue to the Paddlefest Finish Line Festival at Gilday Riverside Park, just another 4.7 miles down river. Shuttle buses will return racers to Schmidt Recreation Complex from Gilday Riverside Park. Racers who don’t rejoin the floatilla for the remainder of the Paddlefest course will have to arrange their own transportation for the Covington landing. Shuttle buses will not be offered at the SUP race finish line at the Half-Way Celebration.
Total race distance will be approximately 4.2 miles. Top finishers are expected to finish in approximately 35 minutes, casual paddlers should anticipate 45-60 minutes.
Important Notes for SUP Racers:
- Race starts at 7:15 am SHARP!
- Pre-race meeting at 6:50 am at Schmidt boat ramp
- Racers enter water at 7:00 am and make way to starting line.
- Awards Ceremony at Finish Line Festival at 11:00 am.
- Race day registration starts at 6:30 am at Schmidt Recreation Complex
- All racers will be timed electronically and will be able to review their time and placement at the Finish Line Celebration at Gilday Riverside Park.
- PFDs are required for all SUPers. Leashes are STRONGLY recommended.
- SUPers are encouraged to continue the float with the kayaks and canoes down to the Finish Line Festival where the awards ceremony will take place. Many SUPers will congregate at the race finish line and float to the Finish Line Festival together. Make a new friend and float with us!
- The expected time to complete the remaining 4.7 miles of the float is 1.5 hours. If a SUPer decides to complete their paddle at the race’s finish (Half-Way Celebration in Covington) they will need to make their own transportation arrangements from Covington to the Finish Line Festival or Schmidt Recreation Complex to retrieve their vehicle.