Paddler’s Party for a Cause
Finish Line Festival
Mike Fremont – Paddlefest Commodore
Mike Fremont with wife Marilyn Wall and 2015 Paddlefest Race Director Doug King
Mike Fremont, 94, is a co-founder of Paddlefest and an avid canoe racer and marathon runner. He holds the world record for the fastest full marathon for runners ages 88 and 90 and the fastest half marathon runners ages 90, 91 and 92. Mike is a founder of American Rivers, Mill Creek Restoration Project (now Groundwork Cincinnati) and Rivers Unlimited. Mike will be competing in the US Canoe Association’s National Championship on August 12 on the Connecticut River!
Paddefest In the News!
Check out these articles about Paddlefest!
Limited Rentals Remain, So Register Now!
Email email@example.com to be placed on the Waiting List for a canoe.
Thanks to our Livery Partners, Paddlefest has over 300 rental boats available.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and reserve a boat
Canoes Sold Out
Email email@example.com to be placed on the Waiting List for a canoe
Join us for America’s largest paddling trip! Help us raise money for Outdoor Adventure Clubs of Greater Cincinnati (see below) as you paddle our new 8.9 mile course from Schmidt Recreation Complex to Gilday Riverside Park.
- Chill out at our Paddler’s Party for a Cause on Friday, August 5 at Schmidt Recreation Complex
- Paddle under all 7 bridges as you go down 9 miles of the Ohio on Saturday, August 6
- View the entire downtown skyline.
- Explore the Licking River & the Mill Creek (to the barrier dam).
- Relax at the Covington, KY Half Way Celebration.
- See the “working river” up close.
- Enjoy the Finish Line Festival at Gilday Riverside Park with food trucks, beer, music & vendors.
- Camp Friday, August 5 at Schmidt Recreation Complex.
- Bring your dog or ride your bike.
- Enjoy the FREE parking (courtesy of Subaru), easy boat drop off & pick up and the speedy shuttle bus ride back to your vehicle.
If the Coast Guard deems the waters unsafe on August 6, Paddlefest will be rescheduled for the following Saturday, August 13.